Yielding a variety of investment strategies and located close to Merewether Beach, this charming 4 bedroom home is a prime opportunity to secure real estate in one of Newcastle's suburb hot spots.
Featuring freshly painted interiors, beautiful high ceilings and rich timber floorboards, this timeless cottage strikes the ideal balance of character and function with plenty of opportunity left for you to add your own stamp.
The home features four spacious bedrooms including a huge main suite with rustic brick fireplace and delightful sunroom both adding charm and character. Outdoors, a huge covered alfresco area affords for entertaining all year round and is complemented by level shady lawns in fully fenced surrounds.
A highly desirable backyard granny flat complete with kitchenette and bathroom provides a beneficial second income or convenient living quarters for extended family members. Alternatively, the allotment is an ideal size for a lucrative potential dual occupancy redevelopment (STCA) further enhancing the value of this Merewether parcel.
Whether you're a growing family looking to embrace a beachside lifestyle or an astute investor seeking a strategic deal for your portfolio, you can't go wrong with the location of this timeless cottage with all of Merewether's fantastic beaches, parks and clubs just a stone's throw away.
- Charmingly presented weatherboard home on a 594m2 parcel
- Development potential - renovate to add value or knock down & build dual occupancy
- Highly desirable backyard granny flat with timber verandah, built-in wardrobes, powder room,
kitchenette, living & bedroom spaces.
- Tidy open kitchen with standalone oven & abundance of display cabinetry
- Family room with adjoining dining space
- Four bedrooms with ceiling fans, including spacious main bed with sunroom & fireplace
- Rustic main bathroom with modern shower, vanity & toilet
- Well sized laundry with second w/c
- Freshly painted throughout in a neutral colour palette
- Huge 11m long paved covered alfresco area
- Fully fenced flat and shady backyard
- Double tandem carport with storage alcove & side access
- Close to Bar Beach & Merewether Ocean Baths
- Close to public transport, South Newcastle Rugby League Club, Merewether Bowling Club,
Llewellyn Street IGA & shops, Townson Oval & Lingard Private Hospital